Blog Goddess

I am unique, intriguing, and interestingly weird. I am Me. I talk too much. I laugh too loud. I ask too many questions. I love that I am not easily embarassed. I have ADD when it comes to hobbies. I am Me. Accept Me. Reject Me. Who cares? Cause you know you want to be me.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Today is Mother's Day, And?

Today is a day celebrating mothers, moms, mamas, mommies, and mams. I am a mother but today is not my day. I did not have a chance to relish in the corniness of a homemade card, or saviour the sweet scent of store-bought flowers. My only gift was one of words. Not that I expected a parade in my honor, however, I did expect more. I expected not to have to cook my own Mother's Day meal (which was extremely delicious I must say), or to at least have a reason to take a shower and put on decent clothes (maybe for Mother's Day Brunch, perhaps). No, this day certainly was not for me.

I know this may seem trivial, but I must explain something, in all of my years of life I have never had a special day. I cannot recall one day being solely about me. No surprise parties, first communions, bar mitzvahs, sweet fifteen, sweet sixteen, debutante, nothing. My life has been filled with uneventful milestones. How can anyone remain confident and self-assured when they have not been fussed over? I don't even have any baby pictures for God's sake. Granted, I was an ugly child, but that's no reason to treat me like Dracula. I guess in my old age and lonliness, I have become sentimental. I missed out on so much as a kid that I want a "do over". Hell, what's the harm in that? I think we had the right idea as children, the opportunity to wipe the slate clean and do it better the second time around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home