Blog Goddess

I am unique, intriguing, and interestingly weird. I am Me. I talk too much. I laugh too loud. I ask too many questions. I love that I am not easily embarassed. I have ADD when it comes to hobbies. I am Me. Accept Me. Reject Me. Who cares? Cause you know you want to be me.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Katrina, Katrina, on my mind.

Katrina will forever be a name synonomis with death, destruction, suffering, homelessness, helplessness, and hopelessness to name a few. As I co-exist each day as a survivor, I wonder will there ever be a time when we will let Katrina lapse from our constant focus. Will there be a day when we won't think about her even once. Will we eventually feel like human beings again. Will we ever know true happiness and security in our community. Will there ever be another community to belong to. Right now I cannot see it. I cannot see past the water lines and sheetrock. I cannot get past the nails that pierce my tires each week. I cannot remove myself from the white boxes that are now desired lodging. I do not see the 30 minutes I spend each morning hovering for a parking spot being shorten any time soon.

As we try to move forward and embrace 2006, I wonder, is August 29, 2005 the new D-Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home